Monday, October 18, 2010

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

Did you know there is a flower called "Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow"? That's quite a mouthful! I will call it YTT. The YTT bush has dark purple, light purple and white flowers on it that are very fragrant. It is called Yesterday Today and Tomorrow because when the flowers bloom they start out a dark purple color, then a couple days later they fade to a light purple and then finally they are almost totally white. They usually have flowers of each color blooming at the same time. Our neighbors have a beautiful YTT bush. Just a couple weeks ago it looked like this:





When the breeze was just right, we could smell the sweet scent coming from the flowers. I decided that I wanted my own YTT plants so found some at a nearby roadside nursery for less than a dollar each. Below are my YTT plants - the three in a row to the right. I'm not sure how old they will be before they bloom but I'm looking forward to it. Meanwhile, I will just enjoy my neighbors beautiful YTT bush!

No comments:

Post a Comment