Friday, September 11, 2009

Mama Somaki

Today Mama Somaki (Mama Fish) came by. (That is seriously what we call her!) She goes around to people’s homes selling fresh tilapia. Every couple of weeks she calls me to see if I am in need of more fish. When she arrives, she has a bunch of whole fish in her bag and she sits out under the car port area and fillets how ever many I decide to buy. It’s great entertainment for the kids! The girls love to sit around her and watch the whole process. Thankfully she always takes away the heads and bones so she can make fish soup with them. So far, we haven’t ever had any bones left in our fillets and they are very tasty. Today I tried out a mango/strawberry salsa to go with our tilapia.


Besides fresh fish delivered to my door, I also have the “strawberry man” coming once a week to bring me fresh strawberries. YUM! And there is also a lady that comes by twice a week with other fresh fruit and veggies such as mangoes, pineapple, papaya, oranges, sweet bananas (the small short ones) tomatoes, broccoli, etc. I’m starting to get spoiled……

No comments:

Post a Comment